Sunday, June 10, 2012

What's it Worth?

I recently read somewhere that the best investment we can make in life is in personal development. Why? Because that is the one investment that can't be stolen or taken away from you.  

Even if it costs you more than you want to spend or even what you can afford to spend it's a wise investment because the return on the investment is HUGE.  It's true... whether it's your health you're investing in, your skill set for a job, or relational skills the return is 100X the investment in regards to the ultimate quality of your life.  

Instead 98% of people spend and waste money on dumb things that give no return (like overpriced shoes, handbags, or starbucks). Why do we think we can afford to spend here and there on such pointless stuff and ignore the more important areas of personal development... why not take an inventory of everything we waste our money on and instead funnel it toward what will give us a greater return?  It's because our society produces consumer mind-sets that only think about how to spend money on worthless things rather than on how to save or to have an investor's mindset... We spend on worthless stuff and ignore important areas.There are many important areas we could consider that would give us a return on our personal development investment... but since we need a focal point in this post and since I'm a fitness professional let's talk about health..YAY!. What if we chose to invest in that area over worthless areas?  What returns would we get on that investment? 

More energy, strength and endurance to live our lives to the fullest!
More fulfillment and confidence when we actually like how we look!
Huge financial savings because we avoid heart disease, stroke and diabetes in our future (top 3 preventable killers)!
Pain free, strong bodies that carry us into our older season of life still able to have fun and be adventurous!


I don't know about you but that sounds totally worth it to me! Think about the alternative... being lethargic and lifeless, having no confidence or drive to go for our dreams, forking out thousands of dollars for health care and drugs because we are sickly and feeble as we age, being stuck in our rocking chairs longing for someone to visit us because we can't get out and take initiative to enjoy life... wow, that's gloomy.

 I was recently feeling burdened by what I invest in my personal health... but then was reminded of these principles and knew right away what I needed to do was change my thinking to line up with the idea of it being an investment!!!  It's worth what I pay for my gym membership, worth what I pay for my health food and supplements, worth what I pay for anything I need to help me workout effectively, worth it to be involved with a community of others who will help me press on, worth what I pay to get up a little earlier to complete my workout... and the list goes on... 


You were designed with all the right parts to succeed in many areas of life... what you might still lack is the skill... If it's worth the investment and will give you a return, get the skill, the help and support you need to grow and develop in profitable areas and don't get sucked into the mold of society... spending on worthless things and having nothing left to invest in what really matters and in what can't be taken away.

If you need some help to take your first steps toward investing in your health and in ensuring better quality of life as you age, I'd love to have you be part of my health and wellness support group!  We get the tools we need to workout effectively, we challenge each other in various ways to stay after it until we see the results, we have a great meal plan we follow, and we invite others we know who want to be part of a caring committed community!  For more information find me on facebook and inbox me!!  The best part is you don't even have to live near me to be part of this group!!!  

I'll be waiting to hear from you!!!  
Donna 

Find me on FB... mention my blog in your friend request so I don't scratch my head wondering who you are and whether I should befriend you!!!   
My FB name is "Donna Clark Wagner"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts... :O)