Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Not just a detox... but a total life reset!

Have you ever flown into a big city and as you descend you literally watch the sky turn from a pure, crystal-clear blue into an ugly, yellowish-brown haze?  It's kinda scary to see the kind of air we were meant to be living in compared to the air we actually do live in.  It's like a toxic soup we absorb into our bodies all our lives, not to mention the air we breathe, the food we eat and and water we drink. 

How do we find a way to get those toxins out of our bodies?  Can we? Or is it a hopeless situation?  Why would we want to be concerned about it? 
I sometimes wonder if some of us have so much toxin built up inside that it prevents us from losing weight, causes excessive bloating and digestion issues and in the long run causes more serious complications. We workout consistently but seem to still struggle.

The good news is that our bodies are very resilient machines, able to neutralize the chemical onslaught. The bad news is that even our bodies can be pushed to the limit! We feel the effects in the form of lower energy, weight gain and weakened immune system.  We end up struggling to do what we used to do much more easily.  Again I ask is there anything we can do since we can't really change the environment we live in... 

I think so... It starts with looking inside... If we are serious about being healthy, it's just as important to take a look on the inside of our bodies as much as we do on the outside of our bodies. We can eat good and healthy, but do we ever take time to flush out our system with say a detox/cleansing process or even just fasting for a 24 hour period? 

I have been looking into the idea for myself.  I love the idea of change!  You can't always do the same thing and expect to get different results... I love trying new things to see what happens, how my body responds, how I feel not only physically, but emotionally, and spiritually.  The cleanse I'm looking into encourages you to look at it as a not just a cleanse but a total life reset.  You are encouraged to do it during a time in your life when you won't be especially distracted or stressed by events, at a time when you'll be able to focus completely on the task.  It is also best not to do any strenuous exercise during the duration of the cleanse (3 weeks) because it will be giving your body a serious internal workout, so it's important to allow you nervous system to remain in a relaxed state and to refrain from asking your body to repair muscle tissue at the same time it is cleansing and releasing toxins.  

I will have a hard time with the idea of not exercising for 3 weeks, but I love the idea which makes so much sense, that during the cleanse you are creating an internal system that works more efficiently than it previously did and a muscular system that's been allowed to rest, recuperate and recharge! We so often want to work our bodies hard because we know that in order to see change we have to push our bodies past the limit to get stronger and have more endurance, but we also need to consider balancing that out time and again with recuperating and recharging in more restful/internal ways.

It's also encouraged to journal about the process, noting how your body feels each day, how it responds, how you experience anything emotionally or spiritually.  I love the idea that it can be experienced almost like it's a personal retreat if we take it seriously enough and really carve out the time to let go of the rest of life for a while!  

In a few weeks the Wagner's are retreating it to the mountains!  I think that will be the opportune time to try out my own detox/cleanse!  I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.
Want to join me?  Check out this link for more info... and then inbox me on facebook to let me know!  I would love to share the experience with YOU!

www.beachbodycoach.com/donnakwagner  Click on "ultimate reset"
  
"Life is not merely to be alive, but to be well!"  
~Marcus Valerius Martial (Roman Poet)    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts... :O)