Monday, October 5, 2009

Beginnings...

In any pursuit in life there is always the beginning. There are many areas in life that are worth pursuing, but getting started is always the hardest part. I recently started a new job. WOW! The first few weeks were overwhelming and I'm still getting used to it! Talking to college students reminds me how overwhleming the first week of classes are as professors unload the entire sememsters objectives. Beginning the hard work of healing a relationship or starting a family, all these pursuits and more can overwhelm anyone sometimes to the point of not wanting to begin at all. Why is it easier to just stay put and not do the hard work required to get to the places we want to be? We don't like to press against the current, we would raher just ride along with it.

Two areas we especially tend to "ride along with it" involve our physical and spiritual health and wellness. The thought of becoming healthier either physically or spiritually to most people is overwhelming! I have been there many times! But with a little thought it seems most of my problems are eliviated when I pay attention to who I am physically and spiritually and BEGIN the hard work of discipling myself to nurture these areas. I feel so much more alive when I take a quick run around the block and get the oxygen flowing! I feel I live to my full potential when I listen to what God might want to say about my "oh so wise" outlook on life and then how He gently reminds me of a better way.

What about you? Is it time to pay attention to your health and holiness? I am starting the hard work of BEGINNING this blog site with these two areas in mind...hence my title "Fitness and Freedom." I would love to journey with you as we BEGIN the hard, but oh so necessary work of passionately pursuing life that is truly life!

~Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts... :O)